Thursday, July 03, 2008

Catching up on some stuff

I now have a .Mac page with photo albums. Link here and on the sidebar.

***

The same page has links to the library of our DVDs. We'll let you borrow, but a credit check is required. Also note the link to my LibraryThing catalog of books (it's a lot more fun if you choose to view by 'Covers' instead of 'List'). Borrower cards for the library are free but late fees can be hefty.

Yes, I'm aware it's a sickness. My wife has mentioned it a few times.

***


Among the picture albums on the site are some that I took on my trip to San Diego a couple weeks ago. I had tickets for the U.S. Open at Torrey Pines and was sharing them with my Dad as a Father's day gift (for last year, this year, and presumably another five or six years to come I should think). My parents spent almost a week there, but I went out on Thursday afternoon. Still, I got to attend the tournament on Friday and Sunday and, as an added bonus, on Monday for the playoff. I had an unbelievably great time all around.

I didn't even get to see this moment from the tournament in person, but I'll still never get tired of watching it:



On Monday I was even on TV as Tiger teed off on the first hole (maybe more than that but I haven't watched the recording which Diana wishes I would get off our DVR already). I'd love to figure out how to do a screen cap and post it, but for now you'll have to take my word for it.

***

I had a work commitment that meant instead of coming home from San Diego on Monday as I had originally planned, I needed to be in Orange County. While there, I settled a claim for $1,075,000.

On Tuesday the check came into the office and so, for a brief while, I held in my hands a check for over a million dollars that had my name on it. Of course, I don't get any portion of that, but it was still kind of surreal. I didn't get a picture of that either as there were a lot of people around my desk wanting to check out what the big deal was.

***

Last thing.

JK Rowling gave the commencement address at Harvard this year. It's really, really good.

Go here and you can watch it, read it, or download an mp3.

***

OK, that wasn't really the last thing. This is. I present to you ...

Murr in a box!


1 comment:

Diana said...

Great web site! I'm glad you were able to get the movie and book lists onto the site.

Because after all, the first step is admitting to the world that you have a problem...