Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Lani more or less tagged me and so I did the survey, but before that I wanted to share this:

When a stranger e-mails

Now the survey

Four jobs I have had in my life:

1.a. Concessions worker / Ticket seller / Usher at United Artists Theatres. 1b. Movie theatre supervisor. I was promoted after being there a month and a half. And then I quit about another month and a half later.
2. Waiter at Olive Garden. Yes, I’m still sorry.
3. Copy editor at the Arizona Daily Wildcat. This is the job where I met Diana. She was, I think, technically my boss’s boss. Or something. Anyway, they needed copy editors so Diana told Eliza, the copy chief, to hire some cute boys for her. But instead Eliza hired me. Diana has still not forgiven her.
4. Special Subrogation Claims Representative at an unnamed insurance company (not that you don’t all know anyway). Quick pop quiz: Does anyone actually have any idea what I do? Sidebar: The "special" is a relatively recent addition to my title. A lovely example of the non-pay-related "promotion."

Four movies I'd watch over and over:

1. Almost Famous
2. Nightmare Before Christmas
3. Wonder Boys
4. Love Actually

Four places I have lived:

1. Aurora, CO
2. Tucon, AZ
3. Phoenix, AZ
4. Technically I’ve only ever lived in those three cities. Two different houses in Aurora, three different dorms and an apartment in Tucson and two apartments plus a house in Phoenix. But I spent an awful lot of time in Boulder, CO one summer during college. Does that count?

Four TV shows I love to watch:

1. Sopranos
2. Entourage
3. Law & Order
4. anything by Aaron Sorkin

Four places I have been on vacation:

Let’s go with most recent

1. Disneyland
2. Chicago, IL
3. Estes Park, CO
4. Maui

Four websites I visit daily:

1. Bookslut
2. New York Times
3. Slate
4. bt.etree.org

Four of my favorite foods:

1. that seafood pasta I had in North Beach (SF) a couple summers ago.
2. Diana’s pasta shells
3. Diana’s spaghetti
4. Diana’s apple butter muffins

Four places I would rather be right now:

1. bed
2. Hawaii
3. San Francisco
4. Tattered Cover

No comments: