Saturday, May 13, 2006



I don't want to be rude here, because apparently at some point he finds ways to score (last night he had 32 according to the paper), but I never really see Shawn Marion do anything but miss lay-ups.

I'm not a Suns fan but I've watched a few of their games during the playoffs and it's infuriating from a fundaemntal perspective. The Suns will be out on a 2-on-1 break and Nash will dish to Marion for an uncomtested lay-up ... that he misses. Or he'll pull down an offensive rebound and go back up ... and miss the lay in. Hell, last night I only saw one play in the Suns-Clippers game as I walked through the bar of a restarant where we ere eating. The play was Marion missing a lay-up on a fast break.

How good would this guy actually be if he made all his easy shots?

2 comments:

Robert said...

Come on, everyone in Arizona is a Suns fan!! I have noticed a lot more sporty spirit since I've moved to Arizona. It's like people have nothing else to motivate them.

Ok, maybe not everyone in a Suns far. However, there was a piece of me rooting for them to beat the Lakers. Not a big piece, but a piece.

I'm not much of a sports person, so I don't really care overall if they win, or even if they play.

Matthew said...

I don't know if Phoenix people are sports fans, I think they just really, really hate LA.