Friday, May 27, 2005

OK, they're all bad

Being as I had no tickets to the NIN concert tonight and Diana figured she was headed for an early night as her reward for the last day of school, I decided to finally go ahead and watch the original Star Wars movies that I got for Christmas but had never even touched. And, as I kind of suspected, it turns out that when it comes to the acting and the dialogue, the originals are really no better than the prequels.

Maybe it's because I saw Star Wars for the first time when I was so young that I can't even remember the actual first time, maybe it's just that "classic" status, I don't know. But confirming the suspicion makes me like the prequel trilogy more in retrospect. Not that I'm going back to the theatre to see Episode III again. I mean, it's dorky enough devoting two posts in a row to these movies ...

No comments: