Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Trish dun tagged me!

So here goes ...

The total volume of music files on my computer: Well, none on the computer here at work. At home ...? Yikes. At any given time if you include whatever concerts I haven't yet archived to disc in some way, probably 30 GB or more. I think about 4GB is my actual iTunes folder, though.

The last CD I bought was: Dave Matthews Band, Stand Up. But the new Audioslave was released today and I might buy that sometime.

Song playing right now: "Fat Bottomed Girls", Queen. Simple because when the iPod is on shuffle you really never know what's in store. Great song, though. How awesome was it that the guy included it in "Super Size Me"? That was inspired filmmaking, right there ...

Five songs I listen to a lot or mean a lot to me, in no particular order:
Incubus / Wish You Were Here. Probably the least cheesy of all the many songs that make me sigh and think of Diana. Think about this: I was on Spring Break in San Diego in a house with nine girls and only one other guy ... and I spent the week on the beach thinking about some chick I worked with and listening to this song. Good thing I married her, otherwise that would have been quite a waste.

Better Than Ezra, This Time of Year. It breaks my heart that most people, if they remember who Better Than Ezra are at all, think they're a few-hit wonder from the mid-90s. Great song about that first feeling of autumn in the air. I had this song dedicated to me at a concert many, many years ago - and that was before I moved to Arizona and autumn suddenly became my favorite season.

Pseudopod, Shrinks. Back before the lead singer got a brain tumor and the band broke up I was certain these guys were going to be the next big thing. If it had ever been released this song couldn't have failed to be a huge summer radio hit. And manages to say a lot about the way I look at the world at the same time.

Duncan Sheik, That Says It All. Lyrics here. The most inspirational song I know.

Led Zepplein, Your Times Is Gonna Come. The first rock song I remember loving. My neighbor's Dad had Led Zeppelin I on vinyl and most of the album was just noise to me (today, some of it still is). But I can still remember being 4 years old and singing this, seriosuly weirding out my parents.

Who are you tagging and why?:

Looks like Trish got almost the whole list except Lani, whose responses I am very interested to see. (EDIT: Damn. Trish tagged Lani, too. EDIT PART 2: Not only did Trish tag her, she's already updated.) I would so tage Erin, but, oh that's right, beeyotch ain't go no blog yet.

2 comments:

Matthew said...

A Wah HA! It was good ....

Matthew said...

Yeah I'm think it's just "A wah ha, it was good, a living with you, a wah ha." In the liner notes of their greatest hits record they make a comment about how they were more surprised than anyone that a song with such a ridiculous chorus would become their first hit.