Sunday, October 09, 2005

all the world just stopped now

So I have been informed that “Pieces of Me” is a song by Ashlee Simpson. (I actually Googled this at first, just to make sure I wasn’t being toyed with. But it seems to be true. The Google experience has given me even more reason to hate her, however, as I now know that she spells her name “Ashlee.” Maybe that’s not technically her fault, but too bad.)

Maybe, like me, you live in blissful ignorance of Ms. Saturday Night and the majority of her music. Maybe you thought I was being cheeky? Maybe you didn’t notice I had changed the blog title at all. Or, maybe you recognized that whether the full line “pieces of me you’ve never seen” is part of Ashlee’s song or not (I didn’t really do that much research) it’s also a line from a Tori Amos song, which is where the title actually came from.

And OK, maybe it’s a little weird for a guy to take inspiration from Tori Amos, but … well fuck off. She’s awesome.

Still, I’m thinking of changing the name again now.

No comments: