Monday, October 31, 2005

Blogs Gone Wild!

That's right, people.

4 posts. 1 day. Spooky. Almost like it's Halloween or something.

So, in honor of Halloween Chipotle was giving away free burritos to any patrons who were willing to come in dressed in tinfoil (they wrap their burritos in tinfoil there). We expected lines around the corner of foil-clad burrito-lovers like ourselves but it was not to be. Still, we had enough fun at the first Chipotle to all agree that a second free burrito was well worth a short drive.

Anyhow, I promised to let Diana post most of the pictures, since she took them on her camera. And you'll have to wait because tonight she's well behind on her homework and tomorrow she's in class. But of the pictures you'll see when she posts! For example, have you ever wanted to see Erin fashion and then wear a foil/cocunut shell bra? Well, I hadn't either, but it turned out to be quite entertaining. So look for that, for Diana in a patriotic take on the Statue of Liberty and Amy as a delicious barbacoa burrito. For now, I have permission to post a picture of myself.

I call this: Veni. Vidi. Foil.*



I realize I look a bit like the Stanley Cup in this picture, but I challenge you to make a better toga from aluminum foil in five minutes. What else can I say? Best. Halloween. Ever.

* also considered:

"Friends, Romans, countrymen ... lend me your burroitos."

and

"I came, I saw, I ate burritos."

2 comments:

Diana said...

My head is going to explode! I don't know which of your four posts to comment on!

Without any bias whatsoever, I must say I've never seen anyone pull off the tinfoil toga look quite like you did. You're definitely a keeper.

Matthew said...

There was a guy behind me in line who also said I should have been unclad beneath my toga. I offer three rebuttals:

A. "Impressive" is not a term that can ever credibly appear in the same sentence as "NO clothes" when referencing my body. Trust me.

B. We drove to the first Chipotle unfoiled and wrapped ourselves up in the parking lot.

C. I got some tinfoil scratches through the clothes I was wearing. God forbid that barrier hadn't been there.