Monday, October 24, 2005

random stuff

1. Finally decided on a new blog name. Then realized I had the quote wrong. Typical. But fixed now!

2. I often write in bed, after Diana has gone to sleep. I usually listen to music with headphones, even though Diana has the TV on for background noise, because music is less distracting. I just glanced over at the TV and thought she must have put on soft core. But a few minutes later I now realize that it's actually "Under the Tuscan Sun." Which makes two Diane lane movies that seem to qualify as soft core.

3. Submitted application for grad school, but still need to turn in all the stuff that matters. Need to write a statement of purpose and turn in a writing sample. Of course, I have nothing that I wrote in college thanks to a computer that unexpectedly went to heaven about two years ago. Oh, and I still need to talk to my boss about writing me a letter of rec ... which could be interesting since, as you might imagine based on the post below, she's not my favorite person right now.

4. Must be fall because when iTunes shuffles to a song from "Achtung Baby" I don't skip over it, but turn off the shuffle and listen to the entire album.

5. Thank goodness Southwest is adding Denver to their routes. Too bad it won't happen until I've already had to give up my firstborn so we can get tickets home for Thanksgiving.

6. In the new Rolling Stone, Bono names a few of his favorite U2 songs and Electrical Storm is one of them. So why won't they play it live? I am bitter.

7. Oh yeah. I'm shopping for a new car. First was the, "This is fun" stage, then caame the "I don't want to spend this much money" stage, and now I'm in the "car dealerships can suck my toe" stage. Expected phases to come: "I love you, dear old Subaru, but the time has come to say goodbye" and "a thousand dollars for paint protectant? Who the fuck do you think you're fooling?"

And that's pretty much where I am right now. Ta ta!

2 comments:

Diana said...

Was it really necessary to advertise my love of softcore in this public forum? Really...

Matthew said...

Actually, I didn't say anything to indicate that you love softcore or even would have put it on intentionally. This public confession is on you.